The mission of the Greater Fargo Moorhead Economic Development Corporation (GFMEDC) is to grow and diversify the economy in Cass County, N.D. and Clay County, Minn. through the attraction, retention and expansion of primary sector employers.
Our long-term goals are to grow employment opportunities, population, and tax base to strategically position communities and businesses to better compete in the global economy, to facilitate the creation of high-paying jobs for our largely underemployed workforce, and to retain graduates of our higher education institutions.
To accomplish those goals, we work to attract, expand, and retain primary-sector businesses by:
- Actively pursuing technology sector companies.
- Marketing Greater Fargo Moorhead as a prime location for expanding or relocating businesses.
- Facilitating access to, and assisting with applications for, financial incentive and employee training programs for new and existing businesses.
- Providing statistical data to business decision-makers and site selectors.
- Initiating and facilitating business infrastructure improvements.
- Building partnerships with city, county, state, and federal agencies and elected officials to develop programs and opportunities for employers.
We have a magnificent product to sell. Greater Fargo Moorhead and companies located here benefit from a business-friendly environment, a well-developed and reliable infrastructure, exceptional higher education and research institutions, and a culture of hard work and collaboration.
The GFMEDC, a non-profit organization, is funded both privately and publicly. Primary-sector, retail, and service-oriented businesses invest in our efforts, and the Cass and Clay County Commissions provide public funding.