Business in Fargo Moorhead
Fargo Moorhead’s business environment is evolving rapidly, adding new expertise, facilities and capacity every day. Businesses here are benefiting from world-class education and research, unique advanced facilities, strong industry-university partnerships, sophisticated business infrastructure, and hardworking, skilled and productive employees. Our companies are growing, competing globally and profiting in a community that is fully engaged in deliberate, cooperative and business-focused planning and execution.
National Rankings of the Fargo Moorhead Business Climate
- #4 overall among mid-sized metros by Area Development Leading Locations; #19 overall among all 373 metropolitan statistical areas (2015)
- #1 in Forbes Best Small Places for Business and Careers (July 2014)
- #6 in American Institute for Economic Research ranking of the Top College Towns & Cities with populations below 250,000 (2014-2015)
- #1 Milken Institute Best Performing Small Cities Index (2014) The Milken Index ranks metropolitan areas by how well they are creating and sustaining jobs and economic growth. The components include job, wage and salary, and technology growth.
- #3 Fastest Growing Cities by NerdWallet.com
- #5 Top Cities for Economic Growth, Area Development (June 2012)
- #2 in Forbes Best Places for Business and Careers (April 2012). The index ranks cities according to cost of doing business, educational attainment of the population, income growth, projected job growth and net migration.
- #1 city in North Dakota for entrepreneurial start ups, according to Business Week.