November 24, 2017 | Bysmartmovefm
Primary responsibilities are the administration and overall support of employee training and development programs provided at Alerus Financial. This includes coordinating, developing and delivering curriculum and course content and the administrative support in the Learning Management System (LMS). This position will support and coordinate company efforts to provide staff the opportunities for developing the skills and knowledge to enhance the One Alerus customer experience. This position also assists and supports various company projects and events throughout the company as necessary.
JOB FUNCTION NUMBER 1: Training Curriculum Development, Planning, Delivery and Support – 60%
- Promote and champion the company’s mission, vision, and culture by integrating the company’s fundamental beliefs and leadership competencies in all training initiatives and processes.
- Design and deliver training on assigned topics such as customer experience, service and product knowledge, technical skills, leadership, personal development, and HR specific topics.
- Partner with managers, subject matter experts and other trainers throughout the company to identify curriculums and coursework, then support the design, development, and implementation of online and classroom coursework.
- Follows needs assessment process to document training request, determine priority level and follow through with course development; ensuring training objectives are met and are consistent with company’s strategic initiatives.
- Manage training evaluation process; review training evaluations and works with facilitators to adjust and implement improvements.
JOB FUNCTION NUMBER 2: Training Administration – 30%
- Performs administrative and support type duties to maintain the LMS system, such as adding courses/classes, assigning learning plans, marking attendance, and preparing training reports.
- Coordinates logistics for company-wide training events, including classroom and resource/equipment reservations, hosting/broadcasting webinars and assisting with employee travel arrangements where required.
- Develops and/or distributes training aids such as facilitator and participant guides, handouts and workbooks, evaluation forms and visual aids.
- Helps maintain library of purchased and customized topics and classes in LMS.
- Prepares training reports to show course attendance, completion, scores, and past due items.
- Compiles and presents reports, provides recommendations on how training effectiveness, planning, and delivery can be improved.
- Support Chief Compliance Officer in maintaining, assigning, and reporting on compliance curriculum requirements.
- Provides progress and completion reports as needed for audit and compliance reviews.
JOB FUNCTION NUMBER 3: General human resources administrative activities – 10%
- Participate in organization of employee meetings, parties, activities and recognition events.
- Assist with backup responsibilities for HR team as assigned.
- Stay abreast of innovative human resources ideas, trends and methods via HR publications and educational opportunities.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the Human Resources laws and regulations as they pertain to the job.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, Human Resources, or equivalent.
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in the financial services industry.
- Experience with eLearning development; Articulate Storyline, Adobe Captivate, or Camtasia experience preferred.
- Experience with LMS administration functions preferred.
- Excellent training/presentation/group facilitation skills, knowledge of adult learning, instructional design, and curriculum development.
- Excellent interpersonal verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and personal integrity.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to organize and prioritize duties; meet deadlines and commitments.
- Ability to travel between markets on a regular basis.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated effective time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to use independent judgment to accomplish goals.
- Creative, positive, and passionate for work.
- Adapts positively to continuous change.
Physical Demands: (must be met with or without a reasonable accommodation)
- Extended periods of time sitting at a desk and using office equipment.
- Ability to operate a personal computer/laptop for approximately 8 hours per day.
- Extended time is spent reviewing documents, both actual papers or electronic.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Periodically, may also do light lifting of supplies and materials which weighs in at approximately 20 lbs.
- Will spend most of time in an indoor environment.
Alerus Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.