Website Alerus Financial
Our purpose it to help you achieve yours.
This position is primarily responsible for management of the training and leadership development programs for the company. Under the direction of the Human Resources Director, the primary focus is oversight and management of the Alerus University curriculums and training aimed at aligning employee performance with company strategic initiatives and goals. This position will participate in and assist with various projects and events throughout the company as necessary.
JOB FUNCTION NUMBER 1: Employee training and development (60%)
- Promote and champion the company’s mission, vision, and culture by integrating the company’s fundamental beliefs and leadership competencies in all training initiatives and processes.
- Direct the development and maintenance of Alerus University assigned curriculums and learning plans for areas throughout the company, such as customer service and customer experience, product and process, systems and technology, and management and leadership, etc.
- Coordinate with Managers, HR Generalists and Training Specialists to identify and facilitate the identification and development of employee training curriculums to prepare employees for growth opportunities and achieve business goals.
- Coordinates the development and maintenance of training content through subject matter experts and training specialists.
- Actively research and creatively design and instruct training on identified company-wide topics, as well as HR specific, management, and general topics as identified.
- Develops and maintains training materials and courses using various means and methods – online, classroom, webinars, video clips, power points, job aids, etc.
- Remain current on developments in training and instructional methodologies.
JOB FUNCTION NUMBER 2: Talent Management and leadership development. (20%)
- Promote and champion the company’s mission, vision, and culture by integrating the company’s fundamental beliefs and leadership competencies in all leadership development and talent management processes.
- Manages the Talent Management program including awareness, training, systems, processes, and reporting.
- Collaborates with managers and HR Generalists to provide information that reinforces and supports the talent management process with employees.
- Track the completion percentages of assessments and journal comments for management reporting and send out reminders as necessary.
- Review measurement and reporting processes to ensure effectiveness of program and to identify ways to minimize or simplify administrative functions.
- Coordinate STRETCH and Foundations development programs.
JOB FUNCTION NUMBER 3: Management and HR Team member responsibilities. (20%)
- Provide oversight and direction to team for day-to-day responsibilities as well as assist other HR members to support various activities throughout the company.
- Supports development of training & development business plan, identifying strategies and tactics that to support employee development.
- Manages performance and development of Training Specialist team members, providing continuous feedback and formal goal setting through the talent management process.
- Develops team goals, objectives and tracking/reporting systems.
- Manages workflow of Training Specialists, coordinating and shifting resources to assigned areas as necessary.
- Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of the team and services performed.
- Network and build relationships with other Human Resource professionals – specifically those with an employee training and development focus in communities we serve.
- Assists with planning and coordinating employee functions, such as all employee meetings, parties, and recognition events.
- Support market specific company and community involvement activities.
- Assist the department in carrying out various Human Resource projects, programs, policies, and procedures for all employees.
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment laws.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources, or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Previous 2+ years learning and development experience preferred with preference given to experience in the financial services industry.
- Familiarity with variety of Human Resources concepts, practices and procedures.
- Ability to travel as needed to other markets.
- Effective verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships.
- Ability to coach, train, and motivate.
- High degree of integrity and ability to maintain confidential information.
- Demonstrates effective time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to use independent judgment to accomplish goals.
- Creative, positive, and passionate for work.
- Adapts positively to continuous change.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: (MUST BE MET WITH OR WITHOUT A REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION)
- Extended periods of time sitting at a desk and using office equipment.
- Ability to operate a personal computer/laptop for approximately 8 hours per day.
- Extended time is spent reviewing documents, both actual papers or electronic.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Periodically, may also do light lifting of supplies and materials which weighs in at approximately 20 lbs.
- Will spend most of time in an indoor environment.
- Travel between markets on a regular basis.
Alerus Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://rn22.ultipro.com/ALE1000/JobBoard/ListJobs.aspx?__VT=ExtCan →