New Product Development Finance Manager
October 11, 2017 | Bysmartmovefm
Partner with NPD project managers to attain business objectives for new product development. Enable cross functional teams from Product Management, Engineering, Finance, Manufacturing, and Sourcing to understand and make decisions regarding product margins, investment, cost targets, and expected margins early in the NPD process by providing insightful financial analysis.
Role & Responsibility
Cost and Financial Analysis
- Monitor and forecast capital and expense spending. Provide team with monthly analysis of actual spending vs. forecast and plan. Work with team on monthly variance explanations/analysis and forecast preparation.
- Provide cash flow forecasts to determine cash requirements and potential problem areas along with any corrective action to be taken.
- Monitor impact from cost improvement projects.
Motivate, Mentor, Develop, and Coach
- Actively build positive relationships to understand and communicate drivers of financial performance.
- Coach project managers on business case development.
New Product Development
- Partner with Project Managers to develop and manage the business case for new product development projects.
- Work with NPD teams to establish detailed performance and cost targets.
- Analyze product profitability, identify areas of improvement and make appropriate recommendations as necessary.
- Work with acceleration center leadership to identify and develop tactics for innovative improvements in both manufacturing process and breakthrough products and features.
- Manage Early Product Costing Manager to collaboratively estimate, track, and manage product costs early in the development cycle.
Develop and communicate a dashboard of key NPD KPIs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or Engineering
- MBA preferred
- Experience Required: 7>10 years’ progressive financial analysis and planning experience
- Manufacturing finance and cost accounting experience a plus
- Sets clear and explicit priorities and aligns resources with those priorities
- Adjusts work assignments or schedules for self and others to meet changing work priorities
- Defines an issue despite incomplete or ambiguous information
- Effectively communicates complex issues, tailoring the message to a particular audience
- Competent in Microsoft Office Suite including Excel and Powerpoint
- Travel Required: 10 – 24%
Doosan is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, citizenship status, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Individuals with disabilities who require a reasonable accommodation in the application process or who need assistance accessing the information on this website should call 701-476-4263