March 7, 2017 | ByJenny
The Home Builders Association of Fargo-Moorhead is looking for a communications intern for summer semester.
This person assists with the development and production of the HBA’s communication programs. This includes design, preparation, writing and editing of the organization’s magazine, membership directory/consumer guide, newsletters, brochures, press releases, web content, social media content and advertisements.
Depending on the organization’s needs, the intern may also be active in our governmental affairs activities, event and project coordination related to the HBA’s trade shows, Parade of Homes, Remodelers Council and charitable foundation. This internship provides a wealth of experience and opportunity in the public relations, communication and event management fields. Prior interns have been successful securing jobs relevant to their aspirations.
If you seek an opportunity that exposes you to a wide variety of communications/marketing/public affairs experiences in a fun, fast-paced environment, this is it!
– commit 10-20 hours per week with flexibility, lasting through fall term.
– be a student with junior or senior status studying communications taking internship for credit;
– have ability to communicate effectively with others both verbally and in writing;
– have ability to write reports, business correspondence, press releases, informational articles and promotional materials;
– be proficient in desktop publishing and design;
– be proficient with Microsoft Office;
– knowledge of social media including Houzz, Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Twitter;
– have ability to pay attention to detail and to meet deadlines;
– possess organizational skills and be able to multi-task;
– have ability to work effectively with a diverse group of individuals and to communicate regularly with supervisor and other staff about work-related issues;
– be capable of reporting to work on time prepared to perform duties of the position.
Experience with Adobe InDesign, PhotoShop and Illustrator is preferred, but not required. Salary will be at minimum wage or more, depending on applicants.
Email your cover letter including the amount of time per week you can commit to the internship and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or mail it to:
Home Builders Association of Fargo-Moorhead
Attention: Krista Mund
1802 32nd Ave. S.
Fargo, ND 58103
No phone calls please! Deadline to apply is March 24, 2017.
The HBA of F-M promotes an environment in which members and their businesses can prosper. It is a non-profit trade association of over 800 members that has been in existence since 1956. Its public events include the Spring Parade of Homes, Fall Parade of Homes, Remodeled Home Tour and Red River Valley Home & Garden Show. For more information on the HBA of F-M, its mission and events, visit www.hbafm.com.