Director of Communications and Marketing
November 29, 2017 | Bysmartmovefm
The Director of Communications and Marketing is responsible for enhancing the visibility and increasing the awareness of the College of Engineering and its academic departments with internal and external audiences. Overall goals include developing communication strategies that advance the key messages of the CoE and NDSU across various communication platforms, creating and disseminating original written content to promote the activities and accomplishments of the students and faculty in the CoE, and maintaining consistency of branding and image among all audiences.
The Director of Communications and Marketing will lead and guide the college’s communication and marketing strategies by developing, implementing, and maintaining plans while working closely with the Dean’s Office staff, academic departments, University Relations, and other campus stakeholders to ensure the communication, branding, and marketing strategies and delivery is common, unified, and effective. Communications should be relevant and timely and may include news articles, feature stories, newsletters, student recruitment materials, faculty award nominations and email blasts over a variety of platforms, including print, website, and social media.
The position is a public facing role and engages with campus departments, faculty, students, staff, alumni, and other NDSU community members. This position reports directly to the Dean of Engineering, and with direction from the Dean, s/he will set, educate, and advance the communication and marketing goals of the College.
The responsibilities include:
•Develop, implement, and manage the communications and marketing strategies that engage internal and external audiences around the college’s mission, strategic goals, and activities.
•Develop and manage budgets, plans, and schedules.
•Develop processes and provide support to the departments within the College of Engineering to ensure effectiveness and consistency in all communication and marketing activities.
•Work with the College leadership to create content, in various formats, that effectively communicates the College’s successes, challenges, needs, strengths, opportunities, direction, and vision to a broad audience of stakeholders.
•Let the departments in their communication activities to ensure high-quality, timely, and consistent material.
•Direct the content and design of college publications.
•Maintain close and regular collaboration with NDSU University Relations and the College’s assigned Communication Specialist on news articles, events and featured stories that bring focus to the NDSU story and brand.
•Use University standard templates to develop an attractive and well-organized website for the College.
•Write and post content to the College’s social media accounts.
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations, or other relevant field
• 3+ years of relevant professional writing experience
• Demonstrated ability to research and write effectively
• Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to work independently
• Marketing experience.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse audience
• Familiarity with developing, implementing, and maintaining communications and marketing plans
• Experience with social media platforms
• Attention to detail, accuracy, and ability to meet deadlines
•Ability to post website content using a content management system.
•Excellent computer and technology skills.
•Customer service oriented.
•Strong interpersonal skills.
• Master’s degree in related field
• Graphic design experience
• Web design and development experience.
• Experience with photography and/or video production
• Familiarity of an academic setting
• Recent, professional writing experience
In order to be considered, applicants must apply online at ndsu.edu/jobs.