The Libraries Marketing and Programs Coordinator develops programs and events (speakers, workshops, and other events) and provides NDSU faculty, staff, students, and other users with engaging, relevant and timely information regarding library services, programs, and resources. S/he both creates original content and develops content from Libraries, NDSU, community and external resources to deliver public programs that represent the varied interests and activities of the Libraries to NDSU and the broader community. The Coordinator develops and maintains content for the Libraries’ website, e-newsletter, social media and print venues, and is a core participant in the Libraries exhibit program. S/he is responsible for writing, posting, and maintaining high quality content that advances key messages about Libraries services, collections, and programs. The Coordinator serves as a member of the Libraries leadership team, reporting directly to the Dean of Libraries and serving on the Department Heads group.
This is a public facing role and engages with campus departments, programs, faculty, students, and staff. The purpose of this position is to advance the understanding of library services, programs, and resources to NDSU faculty, students, staff and the greater community.
Founded in 1890, North Dakota State University (NDSU) is distinctive as a student-focused, land-grant, research university, that provides affordable access to an excellent education at a top-ranked institution that combines teaching and research in a rich learning environment, educating future leaders who will create solutions to national and global challenges that will shape a better world. NDSU is listed in the National Science Foundation’s top 100 in several areas, including agricultural sciences, social sciences, physical sciences, chemistry, psychology and computer sciences.
The NDSU Libraries are comprised of the Main Campus Library, Germans from Russia Heritage Collection, NDSU Archives, P. N. Haakenson Health Sciences Library, Klai Juba Wald Architectural Studies Library, and the Business Learning Center.
The responsibilities and duties are as followed:
• Coordinates and oversees the development, production, and distribution of high quality promotional materials in print and digital form.
• Design and create promotional materials, including posters, brochures, handouts, etc.
• Leads, develops, and manages promotional communications, including library email newsletter, website content, physical and digital displays, and social media.
• Writes or proofs, distributes, and maintains quality content that advances key messages about Libraries services, collections, and programs.
• Leads, develops, organizes and delivers individual programs, panels, and special events.
• Works directly with invited speakers and event participants, extending invitations, managing relationships, and coordinating logistics.
• Provide promotional support for grants and special projects.
• Develop and report on budgets related to and including assessment of promotional and marketing activities in the Libraries.
• Participate in library committees, campus marketing opportunities, development opportunities, and community outreach as appropriate.
• BA/BFA/BS in design, graphic design, marketing, strategic communications, or related field, or equivalent work experience
• 1+ year of professional marketing experience
• Familiarity with web and social media technologies
• Expertise with Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suites
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities
• Project management skills
• Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively
• 3+ years of professional graphic design experience
• Program management and event planning experience
• 3+ years of professional marketing experience
Screening begins on October 2nd, #1700478
In order to be considered, applicants must apply online at ndsu.edu/jobs
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://jobs.ndsu.edu/postings/8580 →