ND EPSCoR Communications Manager
October 25, 2017 | Bysmartmovefm
The ND EPSCoR Communications Manager will advance ND EPSCoR’s key scientific, education and outreach messages from all campuses involved in the project and gain favorable opinions of various audiences through integrated communication efforts, including media relations planning and execution; assisting the State Project Director and the ND EPSCoR Project Administrator in developing and executing integrated communication strategies and tactics; and writing high quality content that advances key EPSCoR messages across a variety of platforms, including print, web and social media.
• BA or BS in Communication, Journalism, Marketing, English or related field
• 7+ years experience working in communications, journalism, public relations or related field
• Fluency in AP style
• Demonstrated skill in writing and editing news and feature articles for a variety of audiences
• Experience designing and developing collateral materials and presentations
• Capacity to write and synthesize technical materials and communicate information in a manner easily understood by non-specialists
• Demonstrated ability to advance key messages
• Demonstrated knowledge of web technologies and experience maintaining web content management systems
• Ability to use a variety of personal computer software applications, including desktop publishing.
• Excellent skills and knowledge of best practices using Twitter, Facebook, and other forms of social media in a professional setting
• Project management experience
• Demonstrated experience collaborating with colleagues in a professional setting
• Ability to maintain confidentiality, use of tact, discretion and sound judgment
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills in working with a variety of people
• Strong attention to detail and proofreading skills
• Master’s degree in a related field
• Demonstrated experience representing an organization to the public or/and media
• Experience creating and managing content in a higher education setting
In order to be considered, applicants must apply online at ndsu.edu/jobs.
Open until filled, #1700516