December 1, 2017 | Bysmartmovefm
The Department of Mechanical Engineering at North Dakota State University (NDSU) seeks qualified applicants for a Research Engineer position. We are particularly looking for candidates who can operate effectively in a diverse community of students, staff, and faculty to share in our vision of excellence in engineering education, research and service to local and regional industries.
The preferred candidate will work on an industrially directed research project to develop NDSU/Company joint Intellectual Property from the concept stage through production. The products resulting from this project are novel cooling technologies for consumer, commercial, medical and military applications.
The preferred candidate will have good knowledge of thermodynamics and heat transfer as well as mechanical design. Knowledge of manufacturing techniques and plastic forming methods are also preferred.
The expected term for this position is approximately two years, but after this position is concluded, it is anticipated that the candidate would join the company in a R&D or Production role.
• BS or higher degree in Mechanical, Chemical, or Industrial engineering, or a closely related field
• Computer skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills; good interpersonal skills
• The candidate will help oversee the activity of one or more undergraduate students and must demonstrate a willingness to work with students, staff and faculty throughout the college and university
• Self-starter and able to work independently to meet goals and deadlines
• Experience in a manufacturing environment including familiarity with Design for Manufacture principals
• Experience moving a prototype through design for manufacture processes and into full production
• Experience in plastic fabrication, specifically rotomolding or injection molding
• Demonstrated knowledge of refrigeration systems, thermodynamic phase diagrams, and various refrigerants and their properties
• Basic knowledge of electronic circuits and wiring schematics
In order to be considered, applicants must apply online at ndsu.edu/jobs.