Sr. Systems Administrator
September 6, 2017 | Bytrailkingjobs
Objective of Position:
The Sr. Systems Administrator/Developer will support all aspects of the WAN and LAN systems and environment. This includes the availability, security, monitoring, upgrades, applications, education
and maintenance of all software and hardware of the network system. This position also provides assistance with iSeries support and operations as needed. Responsibilities for both systems include assisting with user support, hardware/software maintenance, and end-of-day procedures.
This position will also develop ‘Line Of Business’ applications to support Trail King processes.
1. Maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environments including
computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations.
2. Provide client support, equipment, and education for all systems, all locations and all employees within Trail King.
3. Performs daily operation and maintenance of the network environment.
4. Maintain network security measures to protect data, software and hardware.
5. Monitor the network for performance and maintenance.
6. Perform system backups and network operations.
7. Install, troubleshoot, test and upgrade network hardware and software.
8. Maintain detailed documentation of network changes, configurations and standard work and provides usage instructions to users.
9. Develop ‘Line Of Business’ applications using Microsoft’s .Net Framework and the C# programming language.
10. Utilize Microsoft’s Team Foundation Server for source control and documentation.
11. Write SQL Queries to gather reporting information.
12. Provide supervision to local IT support staff.
13. Other duties as assigned.
1. Minimum of 2 year IT related college degree plus a minimum of 5 years of IT experience.
2. Minimum of 1 year experience with .Net and C#.
3. Minimum of 1 year experience working with Microsoft SQL Server.
4. Self directed with a knowledge of a variety of technologies and applications.
5. Possess the ability to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships within all levels of Trail King.
6. Excellent oral and written communication and comprehension skills.
7. Organized project management skills including critical thinking, problem solving, active listening and prioritization.
Personal Trait Profile:
1. Positive and committed with high desire to achieve.
2. Thorough and careful about detail.
3. Willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
4. Analytical thinker.
6. Of high integrity, respecting confidentiality.
7. Flexible, adaptable and dependable.
8. Willing to work overtime and/or unique schedule as needed.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.