Fargo Moorhead’s business environment is evolving rapidly, adding new expertise, facilities and capacity every day. Businesses here are benefiting from world-class education and research, unique advanced facilities, strong industry-university partnerships, sophisticated business infrastructure, and hardworking, skilled and productive employees. Our companies are growing, competing globally and profiting in a community that is fully engaged in deliberate, cooperative and business-focused planning and execution.
“Whatever may lie ahead for property values and energy priorities, the Fargo-Moorhead MSA has one more ace, and that’s a Greater Fargo Moorhead Economic Development Corporation busy trying to “accelerate job and wealth creation in Cass County, ND and Clay County, Minn.”
National Rankings of the Fargo Moorhead Business Climate
- Fargo ranked #1 of 10 best places to find a job, ZipRecruiter
- Fargo ranked 10th best city for new grads in 2019 by Online Degrees
- Fargo ranked as one of the 7 most recession-proof cities in the U.S. by Livability (2019)
- Fargo ranked #5 of the ten best places to get a fresh start by Livability (2019)
- Fargo ranked 5th in the Top 100 Best Places to Live by Livability (2018)
- Fargo ranks #4 best job markets according to CNBC (2018)
- Named #9 metro area in nation for young entrepreneurs in 2017 by NerdWallet
- #1 Milken Institute Best Performing Small Cities Index (2015) The Milken Index ranks metropolitan areas by how well they are creating and sustaining jobs and economic growth. The components include job, wage and salary, and technology growth.
- Fargo ranked #1 best small city in America for college graduates by onlinedegrees.com
- Fargo ranked #1 College town to find a job by ZipRecruiter, a website that gathers and distributes hiring and job market data.
- #4 overall among mid-sized metros by Area Development Leading Locations; #19 overall among all 373 metropolitan statistical areas (2015)
- #1 in Forbes Best Small Places for Business and Careers (July 2014)
- #6 in American Institute for Economic Research ranking of the Top College Towns & Cities with populations below 250,000 (2014-2015)
- #1 Milken Institute Best Performing Small Cities Index (2014) The Milken Index ranks metropolitan areas by how well they are creating and sustaining jobs and economic growth. The components include job, wage and salary, and technology growth.
- #3 Fastest Growing Cities by NerdWallet.com
- #1 city in North Dakota for entrepreneurial startups, according to Business Week.
(Fox, E. How real estate may fare in Fargo, ND, HousingWire, October 2, 2018)