Benefits of investing in economic development
The EDC is the region’s only organization charged with supporting the companies that bring new money into the area.
Your investment supports our efforts to grow and diversify the economy in Cass County, N.D. and Clay County, Minn.
Past Accomplishments – 2014 – 2018
The Greater Fargo Moorhead Economic Development Corporation (GFMEDC) has always focused on primary-sector job creation and retention. To that end, we work to assist local primary-sector employers, recruit businesses and assist in new business formation. Over the past five years, we’ve been honored to work with companies across numerous industry sectors to achieve significant results for our regional economy, including:
- Projects – 125 companies supported with their business growth
- Capital Investment – More than $321 million invested in the regional economy by these projects
- New Jobs – More than 2,100 direct jobs announced with annual payroll of more than $160 million
Administered more than $5.8 million in North Dakota New Jobs Tax Credits to area companies
- Square Footage Utilized – 1.4 million square feet of commercial space on these projects alone
Please note that the indirect and induced jobs and capital investment generated from the above-mentioned projects created 1814 additional jobs in the regional economy and an annual payroll of more than $100 million.
Future Goals – 2019-2021
With your support, the Greater Fargo Moorhead Economic Development Corporation (GFMEDC) can continue our current projects and initiatives. We can further advance Cass and Clay Counties’ economy by engaging in new efforts to attract new companies and help local companies expand. Through our 3-year goals we intend to expand on our previous impacts:
- Projects – Support 85 primary sector companies with business growth (jobs, investment, square footage)
- Capital Investment – Facilitate local investment of more than $250 million in the regional economy
- New Jobs – Aid in the growth of more than 1,500 new primary sector jobs
- Square Footage Utilized – 900,000 sq./ft.
- Companies Assisted – Provide meaningful assistance to companies at least 300 times (solve an issue(s))
- Open Positions Filled – Receive high satisfaction marks from primary-sector companies in helping them to fill their available positions. We will also work to quantify the number of companies and positions filled.