Fargo, N.D. (November 13, 2018) – Ensuring that the Greater Fargo Moorhead Economic Development Corporation (GFMEDC) maintains a strong focus on supporting and growing primary-sector business in the Greater Fargo Moorhead region, the organization has announced several changes in staff titles and position responsibilities.
- John Machacek, Chief Innovation Officer
- Machacek will continue to focus on the business development needs of primary-sector entrepreneurial companies and individuals. Machacek will continue to play a significant role supporting the regional innovation eco-system.
- Tifanie Gelinske, Senior Vice President of Workforce Development
- Gelinske will lead the organization’s efforts to support the talent and workforce needs of primary-sector business within the region.
- Lisa Gulland-Nelson, Chief Communication Officer
- Gulland-Nelson will lead the development and implementation of all communication strategies across the organization’s core areas of work.
- Sammi Rowe, Vice President Research & Project Management
- Rowe will lead the utilization of the organization’s research and data tools. Rowe will play a central role in the development and packaging of proposals for the growth of existing and recruited companies.
- Vacant, Chief Business Development Officer
- The organization is working to fill this position which will lead the organization’s business development strategies, especially those around business retention and expansion, and targeted industry recruitment. The CBDO will lead prospect and site location consultant visits.
The EDC’s mission is to be a catalyst for economic growth and prosperity. Using a comprehensive approach to economic development, the GFMEDC accelerates job and wealth creation in Cass County, ND and Clay County, Minnesota.
The EDC is a non-profit, investor driven public-private partnership working to grow the economy through programs that support primary-sector business growth.
A primary-sector company is one that exports a majority of its goods and services outside the trade area, bringing new wealth into the region.