Cultivate an economic environment where all people and organizations flourish
CORE BUSINESS (WHAT WE DO) – SUCCESS OF PRIMARY-SECTOR COMPANIES
- Retention & Expansion
- New Company Development
CORE VALUES (WHAT WE BELIEVE AND HOW WE BEHAVE)
- Show Genuine Care
- Create New Possibilities
- Make it Happen
STRATEGIC PILLARS (HOW WE SUCCEED)
- Serve as a Business Concierge to primary sector companies
- Workforce Alignment by partnering to co-create and implement strategies to address workforce challenges, with our specific leadership focused on workforce recruitment
- Ecosystem Development by intentionally catalyzing, convening, and collaborating to solve the biggest problems and create new opportunities to drive our economy
STRATEGIC INITIATIVES (HOW WE WILL GET THERE)
- Targeted Sector Growth in the areas of Biosciences, AgTech and Autonomous System
- Workforce Ecosystem infrastructure and sustainable funding model developed and implemented
- Increase the organization’s revenue to support our mission, especially having a focus on more private sector funding
- Develop and maintain a common framework for regional flourishing
- Carving our region’s niche in the new world of work
We have a magnificent product to sell. Greater Fargo Moorhead and companies located here benefit from a business-friendly environment, a well-developed and reliable infrastructure, exceptional higher education and research institutions, and a culture of hard work and collaboration.
The GFMEDC, a non-profit organization, is funded both privately and publicly. Primary-sector, retail, and service-oriented businesses invest in our efforts, and the Cass and Clay County Commissions provide public funding.
Our strategic playbook is the plan that sets our course for the next three years. It dives into our core purpose, core values and strategic initiatives showing how we’ll accomplish our work to support a strong regional economy.
Fueling Our Future (FOF) is a joint venture between The Chamber and the Greater Fargo Moorhead Economic Development Corporation (EDC) that provides a platform to bring leaders together to understand and identify actionable steps and outcomes around major issues with a regional impact. FOF works intentionally to support and build a thriving community.
The VPP advocates interests and concerns of business and industry in the Red River Valley and works together to leverage our collective resources, strengthen partnerships and influence public policy.