Let’s Get Started
You’ve got an idea. We can help you turn it into a profitable venture. Some of Fargo Moorhead’s strongest companies were started right here by one person with uncompromising drive. It’s testament to this region’s long history of bootstrap self-reliance, and we’re building on it by encouraging and supporting innovation and risk-taking in every way possible.
How the GFMEDC Will Help You
Please contact our Business Development Director. All inquiries to the GFMEDC are strictly confidential. If you’re an entrepreneur with an idea, we’re ready to help. Here’s how:
- We’ll review your potential business with you and help determine what kind of assistance you need and what is available.
- We’ll connect you with sources of support, which might include the North Dakota Small Business Development Center for example. These resources can help with everything from developing a business plan to identifying vendors your business will need, from putting together financial projections to legal advice on how to structure your company.
- If you need seed capital, we’ll introduce you to the right people at organizations such as the Fargo Moorhead Angel Investment Fund and Arthur Ventures.
- We’ll also connect you to entrepreneurial resources that are available at our four-year universities and the NDSU Research & Technology Park. The Park includes a Technology Incubator that helps start-up technology companies with space, mentorship programs and opportunities to partner with university researchers.
- We would help them access local and state incentives that are specific to entrepreneurial ventures.
- If there are other businesses in Fargo Moorhead engaged in the same industry as your new business, we’ll put you in touch with their leaders so you can benefit from their experiences in establishing their companies in the region.
- When you’re ready, we can help you locate available commercial properties.
Resources to help you Succeed
Connecting to angel investors and venture capitalists is surprisingly easy in Fargo Moorhead. Compared to many big cities, regional capital sources are remarkably accessible in Greater Fargo Moorhead, thanks to the community’s small-town feel and the connectedness of its citizens. In addition, angels that invest local companies benefit from income tax credits in both Minnesota and North Dakota, helping to mitigate the risk that is inherent in investing in start-ups.
The base of research and development activity in Fargo Moorhead is solid and growing. The private sector and academia engage in an impressive array of R&D aimed at using cutting edge technology to make the world better and our lives easier. Companies benefit from business-focused public policy, such as the most generous R&D tax credit in the nation, and Fargo Moorhead’s educated and dedicated workforce.
The Fargo Moorhead region is home to a number of industrial parks, greenfield sites, office parks of varying sizes, and stand-alone professional buildings. Our real estate database regularly consists of approximately 500 sites and buildings.Read More