One of the most valuable advantages of doing business in Fargo Moorhead is the community’s access to elected officials and governmental agencies. Leaders and policy-makers at the local, state and federal level are remarkably accessible, responsive and eager to help.
Business friendly priorities include:
- Encouraging research and innovation by passing the most aggressive Research & Development Tax Credit in the nation
- Mitigating the risk of investing in startup companies with a tax credit for angel investors
- Property, income and sales tax exemptions
- Ensuring that local small businesses have access to government contracts
- Working closely with local universities to develop strategies for curriculum development and student and faculty recruitment in disciplines that support our targeted economic sectors
- Stimulating a cycle of federal research and economic development that helps to develop our major universities into world-class research institutions, as well as to bring high-tech industries to the state