Job postings versus job openings? They sound very similar, but here’s the difference.
- Job postings can represent the ceiling of demand for a job in the region but only if employers are actively advertising online.
- Job openings take a fairly conservative approach to demand, accounting for job growth and estimating replacement needs for workers who change careers or retire.
It’s likely that the true demand for a job is somewhere between job postings and openings.
Here are the top 8 posted jobs in our metro:
- Registered Nurses
- Heavy and Tractor-Trailer Truck Drivers
- Software Developers and Software Quality Assurance Analysts and Testers
- Customer Service Representatives
- Computer Occupations, All Other
- Retail Salespersons
- Stockers and Order Fillers
- Marketing Managers
Data attributed to: Emsi www.economicmodeling.com